Austin Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements Lawyer
Reliable Legal Counsel since 2005
Everyone likes to be in control of his or her finances, and most people want to plan for the future. Creating a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement can be a great way for you and your spouse to keep your assets protected, safeguard each other from debt, and provide support for days ahead.
Our Austin prenuptial and postnuptial agreements attorney can help you prepare a document that clearly delineates who has right over your property and how it should be divided in the event of divorce or death. To discover if this type of agreement is right for you, reach out to the Law Office of Matthew J. Meese, PPLC.
Understanding Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements
While many people think of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements as “just in case” forms of protection, the truth is these agreements are helpful in opening up important discussions. While no couple is thinking of divorce when they tie the knot, it is always a possibility.
Creating one of these marital agreements can make the divorce process go a lot smoother and ensure the equitable distribution of assets. Even if you never get a divorce, these agreements can still prove extremely helpful. A prenuptial or postnuptial agreement can protect the transfer of your assets to your spouse, or ensure that your assets are distributed according to your wishes.
Our family law attorney regularly helps couples draft these marital agreements for a variety of reasons, including:
- One or both parties have a significant amount of assets
- One of the parties is about to receive an inheritance
- One of the parties would like to distribute separate property to children of a prior marriage
- One of the parties is starting a business
- Both of the parties wants to avoid conflict in the event of a divorce
- Both of the parties wish to clarify the financial rights and responsibilities of each party during their marriage
- Both parties desire to protect one another from each other’s debts
Begin Your Marital Agreement Today
Whether you are preparing for marriage or have spent years together as husband and wife, a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement is always worth considering. If you are uncertain if this type of marital agreement is right for you, contact the Law Office of Matthew J. Meese, PLLC for a professional assessment.
Get in touch with our experienced prenuptial and postnuptial agreements attorney today, by dialing (512) 357-8563.